University of Hamburg PhD Scholarship For International Students In Germany
The University of Hamburg is calling for applications for University of Hamburg PhD Scholarship in Plant Ecology in Germany, 2018; it involves the project “WEPSS – Warming Effects on Plant Soil interplay and ecosystem functioning in Wadden Sea Salt marshes”.
The University of Hamburg is a comprehensive university in Hamburg, Germany. It was founded on 28 March 1919, having grown out of the previous General lecture system and the Colonial Institute of Hamburg as well as the Akademic Gymnasium.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Offers are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Field of study:
Scholarships are for the field of Plant Ecology.
The PhD-scholarship includes 1100 Euro per month (tax-free, without health insurance/ health insurance, has to be organise by the student him/herself) and a monthly addition of 100 Euro to cover material costs and incidental expenses.
To be taken in(Country):
Applicants from Germany are eligible to apply.
Eligibility for University of Hamburg PhD Scholarship:
- An excellent university degree in a relevant field (e.g. plant ecology, environmental science, landscape ecology).
- Interest in interdisciplinary research about climate change effects on salt marsh ecosystems.
- The project includes fieldwork in the North of Schleswig-Holstein, thus experience with fieldwork and willingness to stay at the field site for some time during the field season is necessary.
- Experience with statistical analysis of ecological data e.g. using the Software ‘R’
- A valid driving licence.
- Knowledge of the ecology of coastal ecosystems or other wetlands is useful.
- Due to the necessary collaboration with other project partners, good English language skills are important.
- If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply for the Scholarship:
Applications should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae along with contact details of two referees (names and e-mail addresses), and copies of degree certificate(s).
Please combine all documents into one single pdf-file. Please specify whether you apply for the topic (1) plant ecology, (2) soil fauna, or (3) soil science.