Government of Poland Masters and PhD Scholarships, 2018/2019
The Government of Poland Scholarships offered as a part of the programme include free 2nd degree studies conducted in Polish language (preceded by a year-long preparation course for taking up studies in Poland) and 3rd degree studies conducted in public universities supervised by the minister responsible for higher education.
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland and Minister of Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Poland announced recruitment to the Ignacy Lukasiewicz scholarship programme (2018/2019 edition).
You will be studying in Poland.
Eligible fields of Study:
The scholarship is available for varying courses.
What are the eligible countries?
Students from Developing Countries are eligible for the scholarship. The countries stipulated by the sponsors include Angola, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Kenya, Colombia, Mexico, Mayanmar, Mongolia, Mozambique, Nigeria, Palestine, South Africa, Senegal, Tanzania, Vietnam.
What is the category of this scholarship?
Masters and PhD Scholarships
What is the eligibility criteria?
The Scholarship will be offered to the citizens of the above-mentioned countries who:
- are graduates of first cycle programmes (completed no earlier than in 2014) or students of the last year of first cycle programmes in the academic year 2017/2018 in the following areas of study: sciences, natural sciences, technical sciences, agricultural, forestry and veterinary sciences;
- do not hold a magister (Master’s) r magister inżynier (Master of Science) degree;
- have a certificate confirming proficiency in English of at least B2 level;
- are neither graduates nor students of Polish higher education institutions.
How are selections made?
Candidates are selected on the basis of a competitive procedure, based on the quality assessment of applications carried out by reviewers of the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange who are academics working in higher education institutions.
What is the value of the scholarship?
- The NAWA scholarship is paid once a month through the higher education institution.
- The scholarship rate is PLN 1500 per month for second cycle programme students and for participants of the preparatory course for learning in Poland.
- During the course of education, beneficiaries shall also receive:
- in the first year of studies, the first monthly scholarship is increased by PLN 500 to cover the costs of starting out in Poland.
- in the last year of studies, the last monthly scholarship is increased by PLN 500 to cover the costs of the thesis.
- In the event of a documented unforeseen circumstance, the NAWA Director may, at the written request of the Scholarship Holder, increase the monthly scholarship paid out to him/her by PLN 500 on account of such an unforeseen circumstance.
What is the duration of the scholarship?
The scholarship award lasts for 12 months.
How do I apply for the Government of Poland Masters and PhD Scholarships?
Interested candidates should follow the link below to apply:
The application deadline is 11th May 2019.