Euroculture Erasmus Mundus Student Master Scholarships, 2019
Scholarship Description: Applications are now open for Euroculture Erasmus Mundus student scholarships awarded to selected Euroculture students from within the EU and from other regions of the world. Scholarships are available to pursue Erasmus Mundus Master Course.
Euroculture is about deeply understanding the current challenges Europe is facing. If you are interested in getting a critical, interdisciplinary approach to analyzing European culture, politics and society in a globalized context – this is a Master for you.
Scholarship Provider: Euroculture is a two-year, 120 ECTS, English-taught multi-university Master programme focused on the study of modern European society, culture and politics in a global context. We focus on questions of cultural identities and social values that play a vital role in today’s debates about Europe and its place in the world. It is ideal for students who understand that Europe’s future will be shaped not only by economics and politics, but also by struggles over identities, values, and heritage.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Erasmus Mundus Master Course.
Available Subject: Euroculture: Society, Politics and Culture in a Global Context is an interdisciplinary, international Master programme offered by a consortium of eight European universities and four universities overseas. It is recognised by the European Commission as an Erasmus Mundus Master of Excellence. It is a two-year programme of four semesters (120 ECTS), taught fully in English.
Scholarship Benefits: The student grant covers the participation costs, a monthly allowance for living costs and a contribution to travel and installation costs. Each grantee will receive EUR 1,000 each month for living costs during the 24 months duration of the programme. The scholarship also includes a contribution to travel and installation and any other type of costs to be paid in two installments, as well as the Euroculture participation costs of EUR 9.000 (EU students) / 18.000 (non-EU students) including health insurance coverage 24 months.
Number of Scholarships: There are only a limited number of grants available each year. For those applying to start in 2019, several grants will be available.
Eligible Nationalities: Available to students from EU and other regions of the world. The Erasmus Mundus Programme provides EU-funded scholarships for Third Country students and EU/EEA students who have applied to and have been accepted by the Euroculture Master Course.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Scholarship students must have already obtained a first higher education degree or demonstrate a recognised equivalent level of learning according to national rules and legislation in place by the application deadline. That means that scholarship applicants must hold a higher education degree by 9 January 2019 to start the programme in 2019.
- Students who have already obtained an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (EMJMD) scholarship or are former Erasmus Mundus Master/Doctoral Course scholarship holders are not eligible for an additional scholarship under the EMMC action. Students benefiting from an EMMC scholarship cannot benefit from another EU grant while pursuing their EMMC studies.
- Scholarship holders spending part of the EMMC course in their country of residence are not entitled to benefit from the monthly subsistence allowance for this period
- Students from partner countries (meaning all countries except EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Serbia, Montenegro and Turkey) have not carried out his or her main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any of the Member States or the participating countries.
- Please note: for given academic year student candidates can apply for maximum three different joint programmes supported by the Erasmus Mundus scholarships (see the EMJMD catalogue).
- A full and timely application is necessary to apply. Check the menu on the left for required documents.
Application Procedure: To apply for the scholarship, you need to:
- Finish your first higher education by the application deadline and be able to prove that you have graduated
- Submit a complete online application including all the required documents in English by 10 January 2019 at the latest
- Fall under the eligibility criteria of the Euroculture Master
Deadline: January 10, 2019