Indian Institute of Management
The Indian Institute of Management is offering free online course on Innovation and IT Management. This course will cover basic concepts of information technology management.
In this course, applicants will learn key decision-making skills to better manage and implement IT and innovation in your workplace. The course will start on May 15, 2018.
Course At A Glance
- Length: 4 weeks
- Effort: 2 to 4 hours pw
- Subject: Business Administration
- Institution: Indian Institute of Management and edx
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $50
- Session: Course Starts on May 15, 2018
Established in 1973, the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is one of the top management schools in India. We build leaders through holistic, transformative and innovative education.
About This Course
Information Technology (IT) changes the way and scope in which businesses operate and compete. Innovations in IT have led some businesses to flourish, while others have faltered due to massive changes brought by this industry. IT is notoriously hard to manage. The challenge of managing IT is ensuring that the intended changes and innovations are realized, and the unintended ones are kept under control. This course will cover basic concepts of information technology management.
Why Take This Course?
- See some brief videos
- Take pop quizzes
- Analyze cases
- Read relevant material
- Take assessments.
Managing IT and Innovation requires subtle decision-making skills. You will learn how to make decisions related to:
- Competing with IT
- Managing digital networks and security
- Making sense of the evolving IT landscape
- Developing software and managing projects
- Managing crowd innovation
- Social and ethical aspects of IT.
Dr. Rahul De’
Dr. Rahul De’ is the Hewlett-Packard Chair Professor in ICT for Sustainable Economic Development at IIM Bangalore.
Basic familiarity with IT use and terminology. Also, basic understanding of business and economics concepts.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)