Application for the MoBreed Intra-Africa Mobility Scholarships is currently ongoing. The scholarship is funded by the Intra-Africa Program of the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) of the European Commission. Submission deadline for the MoBreed Intra-Africa Mobility Scholarships is October 5th 2018.
MoBreed (Mobility for Breeders in Africa) is an initiative of five public universities from three African regions and one university in Europe to advance knowledge on useful crops of Africa and increase scholars’ capacity in addressing food security.
This scholarship program is aimed at increasing quality information on the use and conservation of neglected and underutilized species (NUS) and crop wild relatives (CWR) in Africa, specifically food crops such as fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts, root and tubers, and cereals.
Masters & PhD
Eligible Field Of Study:
Plant breeding and Seed biotechnology
The MoBreed mobility grant is open to all students from any of the partner universities (Target Group 1) and secondly to students from other African universities (Target Group 2).
The scholarship includes subsistence and settling-in allowances, participation costs, and contribution to research costs, insurance and travel in line with Agreement with EACEA. It will cover:
- Roundtrip flight ticket and visa costs (using a preferred travel agent and calculated against direct linear distance);
- Direct participation costs such as tuition fees, registration fees and service fees where applicable;
- Comprehensive travel insurance (Health, Accident and Travel)
- A monthly subsistence allowance for the mobility period.
Eligibility for MoBreed Intra-Africa Mobility Scholarships:
To be eligible, applicants must;
- Be a national and resident in any of the eligible countries covered by the Intra-Africa Mobility programme of the EACEA
- Be registered/admitted in or having obtained an HEI degree (or equivalent)
- Have completed their Bachelors degree program
- Be fluent in English Language
How To Apply for MoBreed Intra-Africa Mobility Scholarships?
Applicants should submit completed application and all supporting documents by email to email@example.com with a copy to mobreed.uac-at-gmail.com by 05th October 2018. They should indicate in the subject line (if submitting by email) or super scribe the envelope (if submitting by post) ‘Application for MoBreed MSc/Staff exchange programme.
- Cover letter
- Scholarship Application form (this document)
- Student proposal (guidelines available online)
- National ID or Copy of Passport Data page
- Certificate of degree
- Transcript records
- Support letter from sending HEIs
- Recommendation letter of home supervisor (mandatory for all applicants)
- Enrollment proof in degree course from home institution (for MSc applicants)
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Employment certificate (only for staff)
- Certificate of English or French language skills
- Proof of socio-economic vulnerability (if available)
Visit The Official Website For More Information
October 5th, 2018.